Location: York, Yorkshire
Discipline: Accountancy & Finance
Job type: Permanent
Salary: £13,000-£15,000 plus Study
Job ref: 48429172
Contact Name: Yorkshire Office
Contact Number: 01757 602321
We are recruiting for a Trainee Bookkeeper to join a modern and established accountancy practice in York. This client offers an amazing opportunity and environment for you to establish your career in the accountancy sector. Full AAT study support will be offered along with an excellent benefits package. Hours of work will be Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm, this role is office based.
Responsibilities will include:
• Assisting with financial and management accounts preparation for Sole Traders, Partnerships and Limited Companies
• Assisting with managing client expectations and deadlines
• Assisting with the preparation of personal and business tax returns
• Carrying out bookkeeping activities including journal postings and ledger reconciliations
• Processing client records accurately using Xero and other accountancy software.
•Assisting in the preparation of VAT returns and management accounts
• Assisting with general administrative duties including meeting and greeting clients, filing, answering the telephone and supporting the team to meet deadlines as required.
Drive and determination to take on a trainee role and to develop yourself further
Good attention to detail
Excellent numerical abilities
Effective communication skills
First class analytical skills
Computer skills - experience in Excel is vital, training will be provided on their account package.
For further information please contact one2one Recruitment Ltd.